The reality is that nothing lasts forever. Asphalt deteriorates just like anything else, and it’s a constant process. Sunlight, moisture, and gasoline cause the surface to gray and leave it open and porous. Then, moisture begins to penetrate causing cracks. Once these cracks exist, many things can cause them to grow worse and worse.
- During the winter, hydraulic pressure from the water and the process of water freezing and thawing increases the size of cracks.
- Weather can cause the aggregate to wash away, making the cracks grow larger.
Eventually, this all adds up to your pavement beginning to fail.
The good news is that this process doesn’t have to be left unchecked. With Gold Seal LLC you can protect your investment and help your property last longer and look more attractive. Tarconite’s sealant and binder are integral to extending pavement life. Our sealant can:
- Shield your asphalt against the drying action of the sun and ultraviolet rays.
- Prevent water penetration as well as damage caused by gasoline and oil.
- Bond firmly to the surface to provide an even-textured and durable barrier.
- Restore that rich, black look of new pavement.